HAZARDOUS MATERIALS CONSULTANT
- Bachelor of Science, Macquarie University
- Carpentry and Joinery Trade Certificate, Hornsby TAFE
- Certificates 2, 3 & 4 Asset Maintenance: Pest Management & Building Inspections,RAPID Training, Cardiff.
- Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene, Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists.
- Confined Spaces Trained
- Approved Identifier, Counter and Signatory – National Association of Testing Authorities
- Associate Member Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists
Ms Bannatyne has a background in Biology and is also a qualified carpenter with over ten years experience in the construction industry.
Ms Bannatyne’s research experience includes field work, laboratory analysis and report preparation for a variety of projects in NSW and QLD, with a focus on population dynamics and landscape fragmentation. Her work experience has involved field and laboratory work for the National Parks and Wildlife Service and the Sydney University Institute for Wildlife Research, building inspections and risk management planning for a variety of properties including government and heritage listed buildings, schools and hospitals.
Since joining Hibbs & Associates Pty Ltd, Ms Bannatyne’s work has included conducting hazardous materials surveys in a broad range of commercial, industrial and residential areas, consultation and supervision of friable asbestos removal works, environmental investigations and a range of occupational hygiene monitoring, analysis and assessment.
Major projects Ms Bannatyne has been significantly involved with whilst working with Hibbs & Associates Pty Ltd include; hazardous materials surveys and risk assessment of Coles stores nationally and occupational hygiene work aboard coal fired steam bulk carrier ships in north Queensland. Ms Bannatyne has acquired considerable consulting experience in the fields of occupational hygiene, hazardous material assessment, risk analysis and analytical techniques relating to the identification and monitoring of asbestos.